Just the Facts about Oregon City
Population per 2010 Census - 31,859
Climate (Source: Oregon Climate Service)
|Monthly Avg. Low||35F|
|Monthly Avg. High||82F|
|Avg. Annual Precipitation||47.060|
|Avg. July Humid||62%|
|Avg. Jan. Humid||82%|
Oregon City Firsts
- First provisional legislature met in 1843; declared Oregon City capitol in 1844.
- First incorporated city west of the Rockies in 1844.
- First newspaper in the West, The Spectator in 1846.
- First territorial legislature of Oregon Territory met in 1849.
- First official plat for San Francisco, filed in Oregon City in 1850.
- First Northwest city fire department opened in 1854.
- First paper mill in Oregon Country in 1866.
- First navigation locks in the Northwest in 1872–73.
- First long distance transmission line of electricity in the nation, Oregon City to Portland, in 1889.